It’s been a busy couple of weeks at Clevedon Marine Lake. From dawn to dusk, people have been arriving in their droves to swim, paddleboard and enjoy being by the water.
Over the last few years, crowds plus warm water temperatures have led to a drop in water quality. But, not this year. We have been taking regular samples to be tested at a local lab and the water quality has remained ‘excellent’.
Safe and fun
Keeping the lake safe and clean is our priority. Every morning, our volunteers clean up litter from the day before. But this hasn’t been easy. Not only have people been leaving lots of litter, but also broken glass and even dog poo. This is dangerous for people with bare feet, children playing and risks affecting the water quality.
You can help
To help us keep our lake clean and safe for everyone, please:
- take all litter home with you or use the big wheelie bins on the upper promenade
- don’t bring your dog to the lake
- avoid single-use plastics where you can
- don’t bring glass bottles
- buy wooden crabbing lines
- keep barbecues off the ground (they damage the concrete when hot)